Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Smoke Experiment

I decided to do an experiment which involved smoke, with this being my first attempt it didn't turn out as well as I hoped it would. But after doing some cropping and editing of colours, they became really strong images. In the first image is my set up, I used candles for the smoke effect and made sure I had a dark background so the white smoke stood out against it. I had a few candles lit at once so then I had thicker smoke and I think an incense stick would work a lot better for thicker smoke. I had a light at the side so that it highlighted the smoke and gave the camera something to focus on when it was taking the pictures. When it came to editing the pictures, I inverted the image so that the smoke was black and the background was white and then I changed the hue of the picture which caused the smoke to change colour. I then duplicated some of the images so that there was multiple images of smoke with different colours. I would definitely try this experiment again and use an incense stick to get thicker smoke as this let me down because it was becoming out of focus as it couldn't focus much on the smoke.
 


 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages